Our long-term vision for the museum is that, by 2030, the Thackray Museum of Medicine will have established itself as the leading medical museum in England.
- We will be at the heart a new kind of national museum that works hand in hand with communities across the country – part of a dynamic collaborative network of medical museum partners with strong local connections to communities
- We will be recognised as an asset for meaningful change within our community and across the wider region – helping people find ways to make communities healthier and better places to live, supporting economic growth and promoting equity and access
- We will have established the museum as a centre of excellence for research for the benefit of all
- We will be governed and managed in an open, inclusive and equal way, representing and sharing decision-making with our communities, across the whole range of our operations.
- We will be a commercially resilient and entrepreneurial museum that delivers excellent value for its public alongside real economic benefits for the region
Our vision guides our 2023-26 Outline Business Plan, and forms the subject of our funding application to Arts Council England to renew our National Portfolio Organisation status.