Thackray Museum of Medicine, Leeds
£22k p.a. 12 months fixed term. Full time
Our Community Co-producer will help us to share the museum – its displays, collection and resources with local people. We would like to get to know our neighbours in Harehills and St James’s Hospital and develop our programmes and exhibitions with and for them. Harehills is one of the most diverse and dynamic wards in the city and we have worked with several very different community groups on projects in the past. Our ambition now is to create lasting links by including local people in making decisions about the work we do – about what the museum collects and does with those collections.
Core is a brand new space at the heart of the museum, which we will dedicate to co-creating with local people for their benefit, embedding it as a community asset in the area. This role will play a major part in establishing the space and the programmes we devise and run.
- Establish Core – our centre for community and co-creation working with our Volunteer Coordinator and Learning team.
- Strengthen relationships with local people who can champion the museum and help steer its future
- Establish a co-created and inclusive programme each Monday when Harehills residents will have free entry.
- Help develop inclusive access to all the museum’s exhibitions and events
- Create programmes using our skills, knowledge and collections to improve health and wellbeing and create change for good
- Facilitate the museum’s Access Panel
- Support the integrated collections, interpretation and learning department
- Assist Development Director with applications for funding
Read the job description here: Community Co-Producer JD
Read the job description matrix here: Community Co-producer JD Matrix
To find out more about the role and meet the museum team, we will be hosting a Zoom session on 16th March between 11am – 12pm. Please use the link below to join:
Meeting ID: 879 6061 3800
The Thackray Museum of Medicine is actively committed to promoting Equality, Inclusion and Diversity. We are a Disability Confident employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please complete the application form found here: Community Co-Producer Application Form
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Thursday 18th March 2021, with interviews held on 25 March 2021.